Straight from the land of the rising sun, this isn’t your classic G&T. With a slightly spicy twist, you can bring the taste of Japanese sophistication straight into your home. Shake up your favourite evening tipple with this recipe for a Japanese Gin & Tonic.
- A small finger of fresh root ginger
- Your favourite tonic water
- Roku Japanese Craft Gin
How To Make A Japanese Gin & Tonic
- Peel and slice the root ginger into 6 long, thin & equal strips
- Fill your favourite gin glass with ice and add the ginger strips
- Pour your tonic over the ice and stir to thoroughly mix the ginger, tonic and ice
- Pour the Roku Japanese Craft Gin into the glass to your preference of taste (if you’ve never made this before we recommend starting with 50ml of gin and adding more if you feel it needs it)
- Stir gently to balance the different elements and create an equal taste as you reach the bottom of the glass
To add an authentic Japanese feel to how you serve it, instead of adding the gin, serve it in a separate cup and allow your guest to add the gin as they see fit.
If you’ve made this recipe and enjoyed it, feel free to share your success with us on social media! We’d love to see how well it went for you!